You know it’s easier to get more things done if you wake up early but sometimes the morning blues takes over and you just can’t do it. Here are 10 tips to help you learn how to wake up early.
Here’s a coupon code to save 10% of Early Bird – SAVE10
How to wake up early – 10 tips to help you wake up early
1. Move your alarm clock further away so you have to walk over to it. This will help you avoid hitting the snooze button and force you to wake up enough to physically go over and turn it off.
This sounds to easy to work but it’s a great tip for helping you wake up early because you can’t just lay there half asleep and click the snooze button over and over.
2. Stop looking at your phone for about an hour before you go to bed. Cell phones put off a blue light that stimulates our brains and causes us to stay awake. Putting your phone up an hour before you go to bed will help you fall asleep faster and easier than looking at it before bed. Laying in bed with your phone can cause you to take much longer to fall asleep.
3. Get a pet. This sounds too simple but it will help motivate you to get up and get going if you have a dog that is happy to see you when you wake up and eager to go outside to use the bathroom. You will have to get up to take your dog out so you won’t be able to procrastinate for a long time and it will help you wake up early.
4. Get a routine. Training your body and mind to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day can drastically improve your sleep quality and make it much easier for you to fall asleep and wake up early if you stick to a routine everyday.
5. Exercising first thing in the morning can really help you get rid of that morning fog. It doesn’t have to be strenuous at all, a simple walk around the block or some jumping jacks and pushups can get that blood pumping and wake you up with a positive outlook on the day ahead.
Exercising regularly can help improve your quality of sleep and regulate your hormones to help you sleep better and easier.
6. Drink a full glass of water as soon as you get up. This will help a lot. I personally love this drink first thing in the morning. We lose a lot of fluids during sleep and hydrating quickly will help you wake up early and get rid of that funk we have when we wake up early.
7. Take a shower. If you can stand it take a cold or cooler shower than normal. After a few days you will start to enjoy the cool water even more than a hot shower early in the morning and it will do wonders to wake up your body and get you ready for the day.
8. Move the TV out of your bedroom. If you are watching TV in your bedroom this will make it harder to fall asleep when your in bed. Train your mind and body that when you lay down in bed it is time to go to sleep, not time to watch TV.
9. Leave your curtains open. This will let the sun help you wake up early in the morning. This is a simple tip but it will help you wake up early.
10. Avoid eating before bed. Sugar, caffeine and other foods will keep you awake if you consume them close to bedtime. It’s also healthier for you not to eat or drink for about an hour before you go to bed. Obviously you should avoid caffeine before trying to sleep but some people like to try a little chamomile tea to help them drift off to sleep.
These simple tips can help you learn how to wake up early. Good Luck!